The award is open to both professional and amateur photographers from all over the world.
The award will give attention to works focusing on people and their social or cultural stories; public or private, minor or crucial, major human tragedies or smaller daily life stories, changes and immutability.
These are the six categories of the eighth edition of the award:
- Master Award: This category is open to all photographers, with no restriction of any kind. Reportages must consist of 20 images minimum and 40 images maximum. The prize will be of 6.000 Euros, before taxes.
- Spot Light Award: This category is open to all photographers who have never received one of the following awards before the 1st of April 2018: World Press Photo, W. Eugene Smith Grant in Humanistic Photography, Pulitzer Prize, POYi Picture of the Year and World.Report Award, with exception for the multimedia category. Reportages must consist of 20 images minimum and 40 images maximum. The prize will be of 3.000 Euros, before taxes.
- Short Story Award: This category is open to all photographers, with no restriction of any kind. Reportages must consist of 5 images minimum and max 10 images maximum. The prize will be of 1.500 Euros, before taxes.
- Single Shot Award: “Giving voice to values, giving voice to hope”: This year the single shot category aims to illustrate the Great Planet of social and human ideals which represent the main engine for change. Reportage should be a broad canvas that narrates those principles that individuals and the larger society consider essential for the future of the next generations. The following awards will be assigned: first prize 1.000 Euros, before taxes, second prize 600 Euros, before taxes, third prize 500 Euros, before taxes. The top 30 finalists of this section will have their photos exhibited during the 2018 edition of the Festival. They will be included in a catalogue and in a calendar specifically printed for this section. This section has been realized thanks to the educational unrestricted grant of IBSA Farmaceutici Italia.
The first one is dedicated to students of photography. There is no age limit. This section will focus on a reportage produced by a photographer who is currently attending a school of photography or that has recently graduated no earlier than 2017.
The second one is dedicated to the large universe of non-profit organizations that use the photographic language as a tool of communication, investigation, reflection.
- Student Award: This new section is open to students currently enrolled in a school of photography or who graduated from a school of photography after the 1st of January 2017. Reportages must consist 20 images minimum and 40 images maximum. The prize will be of 1.000 Euros, before taxes.
- No Profit Award: This section is open to NGOs, volunteer organizations, social cooperatives, foundations, associations for social development and support, public institutions. The reportage will only be considered if submitted by the non-profit entity itself as the commissioner. Submissions sent by photographers will not be taken into consideration. Reportages must consist of 20 images minimum and 40 images maximum. Three non-profit entities will be selected as winners and the following prizes will be awarded: the first prize will be of 2.000 Euros, before taxes (printing costs for the exhibit will also be covered), the second and third prizes will consist of the printing costs being covered. The three non-profit entities selected will also have the opportunity to organize promotional and advocacy activities during the Festival in accordance with the Festival on the format and structure of such activities. If the second and the third non-profit entities selected already have a printed version of the same exhibit and the organization of the Festival considers it suitable for the exhibit location, 500 Euros, before taxes, will be compensated to each entity.
World.Report Award 2018 members of the jury will be communicated at a later date. The jury will be composed of experts in the field.
If the jury, at its own discretion, believes that some works are of high worth, it will propose to the organization of the Festival, to have them included in the official programme of the Festival. The jury will first ask the photographer.
The submission deadline is 23:59 CEST – May 3rd 2018.
To submit your reportage, the official form available on http://www.festivaldellafotografiaetica.it/iscrizione-submit-world-report-award-2018-eng must be used.
We remind you to carefully read the regulations of the eighth edition of the WRA available on http://www.festivaldellafotografiaetica.it/contest-regulations-world-report-award-2018-en
The official communication of the 10 finalists of every section and the 30 finalists of the Single Shot Award, will be done on June 7th, 2018 at 9:00pm CEST.
The official communication of the winners of every section will be done on June 21st, 2018 at 9:00pm CEST through the website of the Festival.
All the awarded works will be presented in the Festival of Ethical Photography in Lodi (Italy) in October 2018 with 8 exhibitions.
Spread the news to anyone who might be interested!
Gruppo Fotografico Progetto Immagine
via Vistarini 30
Lodi, LO 26900 Italy
For further info